2 Most Common Plumbing Problems
Posted on February 8, 2017 by oozle
There are few things more frustrating than plumbing problems. When the fixtures you rely on start to fail, it can create a lot of additional and unwanted stress in your life. Fortunately, when you call Las Vegas plumbing experts you’ll be given a fast and professional response, and your problem will be fixed in no time.
2 Common Problems & How to Fix Them
Though many problems require plumbing experts to fix, there are a few solutions to basic toilet-related problems that you can try to fix on your own. If these tips and tricks don’t provide the solution to your plumbing problem, call a professional to make the proper repairs.
The Toilet Won’t Flush
If your toilet won’t flush, please follow these simple steps to a quick fix! The flapper is that part of the toilet tank that opens to let water flow into the toilet bowl, and then flaps down over the opening to allow the tank to refill. It’s located at the bottom of the tank and is rigged to a chain that is connected by a rod to the toilet handle. Usually when the toilet handle is pushed down, it pulls on the chain that lifts the flap that allows the water to enter the toilet bowl.
- Re-attach the chain to the flapper.
- If the chain is broken, you can find a replacement at most hardware stores.
- If the stopper is broken, you will need to find a replacement.
- If the problem persists, call a plumber.
My Toilet is Clogged.
This is a common problem, and one that’s often quite simple to fix. Check it out:
- If water is overflowing from the bowl, turn off the water source using the supply valve (which is often located beneath or below the toilet).
- Use a plunger over the bowl’s main drain—the suction the plunger creates is usually enough to release the clog.
- If the plunger doesn’t work, you can also try using a pipe snake.
- You can try this Pongtu toilet unclogger. Tutorial here.
- If the problem persists, it’s likely that your pipe is broken or too clogged, and you’ll need to call a plumber.
We hope these solutions were easy for you, and hopefully they worked! If you’d simple like to leave the troubleshooting to the professionals call ProServ Las Vegas at 702-358-0483 or fill out this form so we can get in touch with you.