Do I Need to Tuneup My Water Heater?
Posted on October 12, 2017 by oozle
Why You Should Tuneup Your Water Heater
Have you ever experienced a cold shower? What about in the dead of winter? Yeah, no one likes those. Your water heater is not something that you generally think about or maintain, but if you let it go for too long without tuning or replacing it, you might just have to start dealing with cold showers. With winter coming up, we don’t even want to think about how bad that would suck.
Tuning Up Your Water Heater: The Benefits
First of all, tuning your water heater is actually a lot faster than you think. Once you call a professional to come have a look at it, it takes less than an hour. However, if your plumber finds a serious problem, it might take longer, especially if your heater requires new parts. With that being said, here are the benefits of tuning up your water heater.
- Hotter showers, faster
- It will provide hot water to multiple appliances at once
- You won’t need a costly replacement
- Increases the value of your home
- Improves the quality of your water
In order to keep your tank happy and hot-water-producing, make sure you are providing regular tune ups once a year. Depending on how old your water heater is, you will need to ask a plumber how if you should get your heater maintained even twice a year.
Other Ways to Maintain Your System
- Set the water heater’s temperature to 120 degrees or lower. If it was hotter you will pay more on your utility bills every month. Additionally, you run the risk of getting scalded by water that’s too hot, and lowering the temperature extends the life of your heater.
- Insulate your tank. There are blankets made just for water heaters. Cut out parts of the blanket to accommodate the pipes, valve, and temperature control.
- Tape it closed. If you have an electric water heater, you can place a circle of insulating blanket on its top. Do not cover the top of a gas or oil water heater.
If, after reading this, you decide that your water heater is in need of a tuneup, fill out a form or give ProServ Las Vegas a call at 702-656-4500 to get your water heater back to its best condition. We provide fast and effective service, and we’ll ensure your water heater lasts for years to come!
Leave a Reply